one // Last weekend, some friends and I pulled off a surprise baby shower/birthday party for our friend Sally. We had it at the Wilmington Tea Room and it was perfect. I’ll be sharing more about it soon, but here’s a quick peek:
two // Jeff and I got to see Chatham County Line in concert last weekend as well! They are phenomenal! I had listened to some of their stuff and liked it, but after seeing them in person, I am a HUGE fan!
three // I have been redoing my jewelry area and cleaned out a TON of my jewelry! I’ve still got a few things to do before the project is complete, but I cannot wait to reveal it to y’all soon!
four // My sister found this old diary of mine from elementary school and this was one of the first entries. It made Jeff and me laugh a lot because I was ALWAYS in trouble. One of my neighbors even nicknamed me “Sophi ‘Grounded Again’ Chopelas.” Chopelas is my maiden name just in case you were wondering
five // On Wednesday, some girlfriends and I went to Ladies’ Night at The Little Dipper. They offer cheese and chocolate fondue for only $9 on ladies’ night, so it’s such a great deal! And they have a PUMPKIN SANGRIA right now that is to die for! It was so nice to enjoy some girl talk and not count calories for a night!
Now I am looking forward to a quiet weekend at home. I don’t have any plans as of yet and I kind of hope it stays that way!
I am SO glad this week is over! It has been so crazy busy at work. Technology is awesome until it breaks down. So I’m starting off my Friday list with the perfect IT Crowd gif:
one // I seriously can’t even tell you the amount of times I’ve said that ^^^ in the last couple of weeks.
two // I’m so ready for Fall! We had a couple of days that were teasers of cooler weather, and now all I want to do is get out my boots and sweaters. I’m tired of sweating!
three // speaking of Fall, I plan to pull out all my fall decorations this weekend. Don’t judge.
four // I’m hoping to drive down to the outlets in MB one day this weekend and some shopping. I really want to find a fall/winter purse. Maybe something like this?
five // My father-in-law had to be admitted into the hospital this week due to getting MRSA in his hand. I’m glad to say he is doing well and should be getting released tomorrow. I think he’s hated it more than any of us— he is not one to be still and confined for very long. Things like that just remind me how lucky I am that overall, my family is happy and healthy.
Do you have any fun plans for the Labor Day weekend?
P.S. In case you missed it, I have a giveaway going for a free Younique Moonstruck 3D Fiber Lashes! Make sure you enter here!
This has been one busy week! The university I work at is gearing up for move-in tomorrow, so it’s been crazy at work, which has made the week fly by, but at the same time it has felt extra long (that may have something to do with the fact that I have to work tomorrow too).
Anyway, I am keeping it short and sweet for today’s High Five for Friday.
1. I’m so ready for fall. The lows have actually gotten down in the 60s a couple nights this week, and it’s got me itching for scarves, boots, and all things pumpkin-flavored.
2. I had to take Linux to the vet the other day, and they were having a pet adoption out front. It broke my heart that I couldn’t take them all home with me.
3. I’ve been very tired this week. I think I’ve taken a nap 3 out of the last 5 days when I’ve gotten home from work. And no, I’m not pregnant (unfortunately). I’ve taken 2 tests in the last 7 days and they have both been very solid negatives.
4. My office space is almost complete and I cannot wait to reveal it to you. I can’t believe how much more productive I find myself when I sit at my desk versus sitting with my laptop at the kitchen table or on the couch.
5. This was one of the many of Robin Williams’ quotes that was posted on social media this week, and I keep finding myself thinking on these words. Sometimes with this little blog, I get discouraged that only a few people read it and that I rarely get comments, but then every so often I get a message or a text from someone telling me how much they appreciate my openness on here and that they are going through something similar and just needed to know there is someone who can relate. If I can make a positive difference in one person’s life, it’s all worth it.