A couple of weeks ago, I was asked to plan a scavenger hunt for our church youth group and the senior adults.
I said yes, but I inwardly I was freaking out a little. I had never planned anything like this before, and I wanted to make it fun for the kids but also something that the adults would enjoy too. I also only had a little over a week to plan the whole thing.
Thank heavens for Pinterest!
So I ended up combining several ideas that I pinned and created a photo scavenger hunt using close-up pictures of objects around the church. The teams had to figure out what the picture was, find where the object was located, then take a picture of their team with that object.
Here’s the list of directions I gave the kids:
- Split into teams. Make sure at least one person on your team has a cell phone with picture messaging.
- Pick one member of your team to be the “Team Leader.” This person will be responsible for sending all pictures to me.
- Give the team leader’s cell phone number to me.
- You will be assigned a Team Number.
- Make sure you save my number into your phone.
To Play the Game:
- You will receive a picture of a close up item.
- You must figure out what that picture is of, and where it is located in the church.
- Your team must go to that item, and take a picture of the entire team (minus the team captain who is responsible for taking the picture — if needed, though you could probably do “selfie mode” so everyone is in it).
- Send the picture to me.
- Once I have verified that your team found the correct item, you will receive another picture clue. If the picture you sent me is incorrect, I will send you a text back telling you so and to try again.
- The first team to correctly find all of the clues wins!
I made this spreadsheet as a way to keep myself organized and to know what order to send the clues to each team, especially since there were times where I was getting 5-6 texts at the same time.
Several of the kids and adults told me after that it was a lot of fun, so I think they really enjoyed it! So if you need a fun game for a party, this might be a fun and easy one to do. Just make sure you have unlimited text messaging lol!