Just wanted to stop by and wish you a very Happy New Year!
Life and Love
My first degree was in Elementary Education, which I used for all of 9 months. That was 7 years ago, and after many jobs, life events, and just stroke of luck, I’ve found myself in a job that is sort of IT related, and I am really enjoying it. However, if I want to continue in this field, and especially open future doors, I feel I need a degree to back up my experience, so I’ve decided to get a bachelor’s degree in Information Technology.
The nice thing is that even though it’s going to be another bachelor’s degree, I’m going to the same university I went to the first time (The University of North Carolina Wilmington) and a lot of my credit hours from my first degree count towards this one. I am a little terrified because I was never the best at school – I tried hard but I’m just not academically minded – and I have to take not one, but TWO, calculus classes for this degree. Math is not my strong suit at all, but thankfully Jeff loves math so I have a good tutor that’s also free!
Another reason I figured I should go back to school is that my current employer has an Educational Assistance program where they will reimburse me for 2 classes per semester as long as I pass. Plus, I work on the UNCW campus, so getting to the classes will be easy. I also have a truly amazing boss who is very flexible with me about my hours and schedule, so I can work around my class times. I just kept asking myself, “If not now, when?”
Until classes start in January, though, I’m taking full advantage of my free time, which is one of the reasons why I haven’t been blogging as much. I do hope to get back to posting more often, but I doubt I will be posting more than once per week.
I truly appreciate those of you that have stuck around during this break. I’m truly thankful for each and every one of you that read this little blog of mine. Now I’m off to enjoy my birthday!
Well, hello there! I know I’ve been terrible about posting lately. I’ve just been burnt out and needed a break. But I couldn’t resist with a fun quiz that I borrowed from my friend Ashley of Sweet Carolina Belle.
1. What is your eye color? Green. I used to always wish I had blue to go with my blonde hair, but now I love that they’re not the typical color.
2. Favorite Color? Grey. I know that sounds boring, but I just love that it goes with everything.
3. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home? The Caribbean. Not sure which country we visited would be the farthest, but our cruise was the first time I’d been out of the country. However, we’re planning a trip to Europe in the spring and I CANNOT wait.
4. Where were you born? Columbia, SC.
5. Favorite movie? When Harry Met Sally. I watch it at least once a year.
6. What is your middle name? Marie.
7. What is your favorite food? Sturgeon caviar.
8. What is the last thing you bought? Some clothes from LOFT probably. I have a problem…
9. Favorite smells? Pumpkin-scented anything. Yes, I’m basic. I don’t care if you judge me.
10. When was the last time you cried? Yesterday while watching Lilo and Stitch. #noshame
11. What phone do you have? iPhone 6s. I’m obsessed with it.
12. How tall are you? 5′ 2″.
13. Can you cook? Sort of. I prefer baking.
14. What color is your car? Green. She’s so pretty.
15. Favorite item at Trader Joe’s? Oh my gosh, how am I supposed to pick?! Hmm… Two Buck Chuck maybe? Good wine for cheap is always a winner in my book.
16. Favorite way to travel? Flying. I don’t get to do it too much, so I guess there’s still a novelty for me.
17. What can’t you sleep without? Long sleeves. It doesn’t matter how hot it is outside, I cannot sleep without long sleeves on.
18. Do you collect anything? Anything with owls!
19. If you were given 1 million dollars and you could only spend it on yourself, what would you do with it? I would pay off our debt, invest some of it, get laser hair removal on my entire body, then spend a couple of years living in other countries.
20. Have any magazine subscriptions? Nope.
21. What were you doing at 12 am last night? Sleeping. Back to work after a day off because the college closed due to flooding.
22. Any tattoos? Not yet, but I think I’m getting one on my birthday. I’ve always wanted one and I think I’m finally going to do it. I mean, at 29 years old, it’s about time, right?
23. Favorite area restaurant? Pembroke’s or The Little Dipper. So, so good!
24. Dream job? Oh goodness, I really don’t know anymore. Something that would let me travel more!
25. Biggest guilty pleasure? Keeping up with the Kardashians. It’s just a trainwreck that you can’t look away from.
Any other questions you’d like me to answer? It would be fun to do a Q&A post based on questions from you all!