Hi friends! Hope you all had a great week! We had an absolute blast at Universal Studios this weekend. I’ve still not fully recovered as we got back Tuesday and went back to work Wednesday, but the tiredness is worth it.
Obligatory vacation-recap photos. Just keep scrolling right by if you don’t care about them. It won’t hurt my feelings. 🙂
I need your opinions. Have you heard of ItWorks? I’ve been hearing about it for some time, and am curious about the Hair, Skin and Nails since I’ve been growing out my hair. I’d love to know if it is legit or not!
FINALLY watching the season premiere of Walking Dead as I write this post. Don’t worry, I won’t give out any spoilers, but OH. MY. GOSH. I can’t wait for the next episode!
I really want to try the dark lipstick trend. It just seems so perfect for fall. Think I can pull it off?
Hope you have a wonderful weekend! It’s supposed to get in the 40s here, so I am SO excited!!!
It’s Friday and Fall Break is just mere hours away! I am one happy girl!
I’m always behind on these things, but I just discovered the brilliance that is Podcasts. Specifically, the Limetown and Serial podcasts. Limetown has me sitting on the edge of my chair during each episode, and then checking my phone every day to see if the newest episode has released. Serial revisits a real murder case from 1999 and looks into whether the right person was convicted. I love crime dramas, so both of these are right up my alley.
The amount of times per day that I lose my keys is pretty ridiculous. 90% of the time they’re just buried in the bottom of my work bag, but sometimes, I lock them in my car or leave them in a random office in a random building on campus and then I have to spend 30 minutes retracing my steps. But not anymore! This thing is basically the “Find My iPhone” for your keys. Hallelujah!
We are headed to Orlando, Florida tomorrow! My sister and her husband are coming, as well as some friends and we are going to spend two days at Universal Studios. The tickets my parents got us for Christmas last year are annual passes, so we figured we should take advantage of them, especially since we are all such huge Harry Potter fans. But we are also going to Halloween Horror Nights while there which will be interesting to say the least. I don’t do too well with haunted houses but as long as there aren’t too many spiders, hopefully I will be ok.
Pumpkin pie martini. Need I say more?
Last Saturday I had the honor to throw my best friend a baby shower. It was a small, intimate shower with mainly her husband’s family and some friends. It’s still so weird to think that in a few weeks, she will be a mom, but I cannot wait to meet her baby boy!
Well, hello there! I know I’ve been terrible about posting lately. I’ve just been burnt out and needed a break. But I couldn’t resist with a fun quiz that I borrowed from my friend Ashley of Sweet Carolina Belle.
1. What is your eye color? Green. I used to always wish I had blue to go with my blonde hair, but now I love that they’re not the typical color.
2. Favorite Color? Grey. I know that sounds boring, but I just love that it goes with everything.
3. What’s the furthest you’ve ever been from home? The Caribbean. Not sure which country we visited would be the farthest, but our cruise was the first time I’d been out of the country. However, we’re planning a trip to Europe in the spring and I CANNOT wait.
4. Where were you born? Columbia, SC.
5. Favorite movie? When Harry Met Sally. I watch it at least once a year.
6. What is your middle name? Marie.
7. What is your favorite food? French fries.
8. What is the last thing you bought? Some clothes from LOFT probably. I have a problem…
9. Favorite smells? Pumpkin-scented anything. Yes, I’m basic. I don’t care if you judge me.
10. When was the last time you cried? Yesterday while watching Lilo and Stitch. #noshame
11. What phone do you have? iPhone 6s. I’m obsessed with it.
12. How tall are you? 5′ 2″.
13. Can you cook? Sort of. I prefer baking.
14. What color is your car? Green. She’s so pretty.
15. Favorite item at Trader Joe’s? Oh my gosh, how am I supposed to pick?! Hmm… Two Buck Chuck maybe? Good wine for cheap is always a winner in my book.
16. Favorite way to travel? Flying. I don’t get to do it too much, so I guess there’s still a novelty for me.
17. What can’t you sleep without? Long sleeves. It doesn’t matter how hot it is outside, I cannot sleep without long sleeves on.
18. Do you collect anything? Anything with owls!
19. If you were given 1 million dollars and you could only spend it on yourself, what would you do with it? I would pay off our debt, invest some of it, get laser hair removal on my entire body, then spend a couple of years living in other countries.
20. Have any magazine subscriptions? Nope.
21. What were you doing at 12 am last night? Sleeping. Back to work after a day off because the college closed due to flooding.
22. Any tattoos? Not yet, but I think I’m getting one on my birthday. I’ve always wanted one and I think I’m finally going to do it. I mean, at 29 years old, it’s about time, right?
23. Favorite area restaurant? Pembroke’s or The Little Dipper. So, so good!
24. Dream job? Oh goodness, I really don’t know anymore. Something that would let me travel more!
25. Biggest guilty pleasure? Keeping up with the Kardashians. It’s just a trainwreck that you can’t look away from.
Any other questions you’d like me to answer? It would be fun to do a Q&A post based on questions from you all!