1. Classes are done! There is a week of exams to get through (for the students, not for me), but since I work at a university that means we are VERY close to summer break!
2. I’ve been watching my favorite show, Gilmore Girls, for the umpteenth time. I have all 7 seasons on DVD, so started a couple of weeks ago on Season 1, and am on Season 6 now. I love coming home, crashing on the couch, and watching a couple of episodes to unwind at night.
3. This article made its way around Facebook this week, and I recommend everyone read it! Let’s just say, I was extrememly convicted by it. I had never thought of “gluttony” in this way before.
4. We get to see our best friends this weekend! Matt and Justine live in Raleigh, so we don’t get to see them very often, so when they come to town, it’s very exciting! Justine also has a blog so make sure to take a look at it: celebrateyourlife365.wordpress.com.
The four of us from last summer at a wedding we attended together.
5. Lastly, I am excited to catch up on some much needed sleep! The last couple of weeks have been very hectic, and this will be one of the few weekends that we can relax and hang out at the house.
Last week, I signed up to bring breakfast for our Life Group (a.k.a. Sunday School class) at church. Since I rarely cook (my husband is the cook in our house), I had no idea what I was going to fix. Thank goodness for Pinterest! I searched for “breakfast casseroles” and this recipe came up: Sunday Morning Breakfast Casserole. Coincidence?! I think not! Especially since I could make it the night before and just throw it in the oven while getting ready the next morning.
My husband cooked the sausage for me. He’s so sweet!
I found day old bread on sale at the grocery store for only $1!
Starting to come together…
Ready to go in the oven!
Finished product! I think I used a few too many potatoes, but my Life Group class loved it! There was only a very small portion left, which the hubby finished off.
What are some of your favorite recipes? I would love to get some good ideas!
I am not sure about you, but I am in love with all things nautical lately. I picked up these two items at one of my favorite local jewelry stores, Polka-Dotted Flamingo. They have such cute stuff and for cheap! I got both for under $24.
I love that the bracelet is dressy and casual, so it can be worn with many different outfits. The ring is exactly what I had been searching for. I wanted something that was small and could be worn daily if I wanted (I tend to gravitate towards large statement rings that can only be worn on special occasions). The background of the anchor is navy, which is a trend I am really into lately, and it’s the perfect size that I can wear it with just about anything! Oh, I am also obsessed with gold. I never thought I would like gold jewelry— I always thought gold seemed “old” but I have really grown to love it over the last year (maybe I’m just getting old?!).
What are some of your favorite trends in jewelry right now?