Today is the day.
The day I turn another year older.
28 years old to be exact.
I thought I would be more upset about the fact that 30 seems to be approaching so quickly. Yes, if you are 30 or older, I know you want to reach through the screen right now and slap me.
I will admit, I haven’t been super excited about this birthday because I really hoped I would be pregnant by now. I’ve been off the pill for 14 months. BUT I also knew it was pretty unlikely with the Hashimoto’s and PCOS stuff that it would happen quickly (though, it still doesn’t make it any easier to see yet another negative pregnancy test month after month).
HOWEVER, I truly believe that EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON, and that this past year there was just a reason that it wasn’t the right time for me to get pregnant.
There have been so many POSITIVE changes in my life that I think needed to happen first:
- Going gluten-free which has made me healthier
- Losing 20 lbs (also made me a lot healthier!)
- Becoming more happy and confident in who I am as a person
- Pursuing my dreams by focusing more on this blog and making a job change even when friends and family didn’t understand or support
- Going through some rocky times in my marriage which in the end has strengthened it even more
- Growing closer to my sister and my brother than ever before
These are just to name a few!
All-in-all, if 28 is anything like 27 was, it’s going to be a GREAT year!
So here’s to another year of growing older (and hopefully, wiser)! I cannot wait to see what the next 12 months will hold!
And because my birthday is obviously in December, I have to share these hilarious ecards: